Posts

Monday 29 September 2014

Circles of Flowers

We have had a very dry winter this year. Our winters are always rather dry but this one more so than usual. It has been threatening rain all day today but when it finally arrived I was left wandering why it even bothered, there where so few rain drops that actually fell. I certainly hope it starts soon.

I have been drawn to flower wreaths lately so decided to make them the theme for a couple of cards.

For my first one I took my inspiration from this card.


For the second one I decided to add some colour.


I omitted the leaves from the original pattern and used flat backed gems (in the first one) and liquid pearls (in the second one) as the centres of the flowers.

Supplies:
Pattern:  Form-A-Lines   Free Flower Circle
Embossing Folders: Darice (no name available for either folder)
Cuttlebug embossing machine
Die: Sizzix 8 circle
Thread: DMC in white
             Rayon thread in aqua, dusty pink, lime green. yellow, light blue and apricot.
Liquid pearls in platinum
Turquoise flat backed gems

No comments:

Post a Comment