Posts

Thursday 25 September 2014

Leaves and scrolls

I love the delicate combination of the leaves and scrolls in this pattern, that is why I choose the iridescent thread which I used in my first card. I bought the thread while I was visiting family in New Zealand and unfortunately it is a make which is unavailable in South Africa. Guess I'll have to organize a trip back to N.Z. when I need a replacement spool! Rather an expensive shopping spree but I suppose I could squeeze in a stop over with the relations to justify it ....... only joking!



The card stock that I used for the second one is the back of an old calendar. I loved the colour of it and it was such a great gsm that I couldn't bring myself to throw it out.



Supplies:
Pattern: "Elegant Oblong Patterns" from Erica Fortgens' book ' New Designs, New projects for embroidery on Paper'
Thread: Kreinik Metallics Blending Filament 095
            Burgundy, make unknown
            Green, make unknown
Flat backed pearls and crystals
Border punch by Martha Steward
Scraps of paper, origin unknown
Hand embossed scroll on pink paper
Card stock 200gsm in white

No comments:

Post a Comment