Posts

Monday 9 February 2015

Butterflies, butterflies and more butterflies.....

As you know I am very fond of stitching butterflies, in fact in the computer folder where I store the things that catch my eye and inspire me, the section entitled butterflies is second only to my Christmas section!!!

So here today is another butterfly card, well two versions of the same card.




I prefer the pink one. It was the second one I stitched.
The sentiment is computer generated prior to stitching and I used artist pastel pencils to colour the smaller butterflies. I then smudged the pencil with an ear bud.
I rounded the corners of the top two layers with a corner punch.

I was inspired by this card.


Supplies:
Pattern: small butterflies: 101 ideas for embroidery on paper by Erica Fortgens
             big butterfly: ( reduced to 70%)   Stitching Cards. Free butterfly 
Thread: Yellow, blue and pink (no make or name available)
Pink and blue flat backed gems
Cardstock: 200gsm in blue, kraft and salmon pink
clear and blue glass beads
Corner punch
Derwent pastel pencils yellow: zinc yellow (light) deep cadmium (dark)
                                    blue: Spectrum blue
                                    pink: Terracotta

No comments:

Post a Comment