Posts

Friday 24 April 2015

Green Flower

I have friends visiting from Australia at the moment and we went away for the weekend with them. It was a sort of Staycation for us as it was only about half an hours drive from home but we stayed in an apartment right on the beach. It was really great spending time with them and even though we were so close to home walks on the beach and lazy late breakfasts with lots of chatting made me return home feeling very relaxed. It's always great catching up with good friends.

My card today is very Clean and Simple. 


I took my inspiration from this lovely one of Ardyth's over at Maskerade

Source: Maskerade

 I used the same pattern to make these little cards, just 6cm x 7.5cm


I did some doodling around the edge to finish them off.

Supplies:
Pattern: "Easy Embroidery on Paper" by Joke de Vette
Flat backed gems in pink, champagne and black
Paper: Green and scarps of pink flowers and blue checks
Card stock: 160gsn in white, linen effect white for base of large topper and a strip of white embossed with guinea fowl feathers.
Die Cut: Sizzix 8 circle die
Thread: DMC Blanc, light and royal blue, light and dark pink. All numbers and brands unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment