Posts

Monday 11 May 2015

Jagged Edges

Challenge number 30 over at Butterfly Challenge is Jagged edges.
These two cards were a commission for a Granny to give to her twin granddaughters. She wanted  essentially the same design just in different colours.
They fit the challenge perfectly.



I have a special ruler which allows me to get the torn look. I prefer to use this as it is neater than just doing it free hand although I try to remember to tear on the back of the topper. As you can see I got it right on the top one but forgot when assembling the bottom one. Oops!

Supplies:
Pattern: Stitching Cards. Free Butterfly  Reduced to 50 %
Thread: All brands and colour codes unknown
Card stock 160gsm in white
Paper: Scraps of cream embossed, mauve and apricot
Beads: pearls
Jef Paper Tear Edger

3 comments:

  1. Super design and how it does look so completely different in the colours and by changing the backing panels. Your torn edges look perfect both ways. Thankyou for fluttering by #30. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. They look beautiful in both colour-ways. I used to stitch cards quite a lot so I appreciate the work you put into making these. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards - I love them both and your stitching looks wonderful.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete