Posts

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Banners

Well our lovely long weekend is over and we had a great time away. Fortunately the weather played ball and it only started getting cold yesterday afternoon when we where on our way home. A lot of time was spend fishing, the men folk that is, but nothing caught was big enough to make it to our pan so fortunately we, the women folk, over catered as usual. Despite eating heartily I feel like we brought home more than we set out with!!!

The new cue word at Addicted to CAS is


I don't really use banners on my cards very much, in fact I can only think of one occasion when I did. Fortunately I had a photo of it in my 'still to be displayed' stash so here it is.


The banners are hand cut and I drew the string holding them together with a fine liner. I adapted the bike as the one on the pattern is decidedly girly.

My inspiration

Source: Tartan Magnolia


Supplies:
Pattern:Form A Lines Window with bicycle
Thread: DMC grey (colour code unknown)
Gold sentiment peel off
Paper: Scrap of green
          Green stripe: Download from Microsoft publisher
          Blue: 80gsm
Card Stock: White 160gsm
Pentel Fine Liner in black



4 comments:

  1. The banners are the perfect touch for your beautifully stitched bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the striped banners.....but the stitched bicycle stole the show! Awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bicycle is just so beautiful, Glenda!!! Love the fun banner!!!
    I'm also one of those who always overcater!!!! Sounds as if you had a lovely weekend!!!
    Have a great Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... your stitched bike is awesome! Great job ... that must have taken you ages. Love the sweet little banner hanging over top. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete