Posts

Monday 8 August 2016

A basket full of flowers

CASology 's challenge this week is
 
 
I'm really pleased with how my card turned out this time.
 
 
This card started out as an idea when I bought some new PJ's and they had a bike with a basket of flowers on them. I always intended making a card along those lines and then when I saw this card
 
Source: Kay Miller
I knew exactly how I would do it.
 
Initially I pricked the bike. Then I added the watercolour and lastly did the stitching.
 
Often when using watercolour on card stock the card gets a little warped. I learnt this trick to counter that from Debbie Hughes at Limedoodle. Double sided foam tape in long stripes makes it lie a bit flatter. I usually only use squares of it on all my other cards.

 
 I will also be entering this over at Split coast stampers Free 4 all 337 which is
'Think cool'
 
Supplies:
Pattern: Form-a-lines bicycle with window
Thread: Grey DMC 317
Ink: Artic in Agua
       Colorbox in chestnut
Card stock: white and blue in 160gsm
Double sided foam tape
 Olba Bloemenponstang punch with attachment Q006 and for flowers 
 
8 Aug

3 comments:

  1. The warping always gives me gray hair!
    Thanks for sharing the tip.
    Your watercolored BG is just right for that beautiful stitched bicycle!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft watercolored background and think the stitched bike is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Glenda! Love the stitched spokes and the sweet falling flowers, Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete