Posts

Sunday 27 December 2015

Parcels

Well now that Christmas is over I can show you what my gifts for this year looked like.
Every year I choose a colour scheme and wrapping style and try to stick to it.
This year the colour was silver and I made each person a small felt tree ornament which I used as part of the decoration. I then used a satin ribbon in a matching colour to pull the theme together.
 
Here are a couple of my gifts
 
 
and up close (be warned this is a photo heavy post)
 A Christmas pudding
 
 
Father Christmas (as we call him here in South Africa)
 
 
A selection: two hearts, an owl and a tree. Love the owl.
 
 
more hearts
 
 
and finally some cats
 
 
My youngest sister lost one of her cats earlier this year and so decided that she wanted a new kitten for Christmas (don't worry this one will be loved for life!). The problem was that she rescued him from a shelter about a month ago and so he won't be wrapped up and under the tree on Christmas morning. I wanted her to have something to open so decided to make her three ornaments, one for her boy who has passed on and the other two for her present babies. I embroidered their names on the back of the ornaments.
 
 
I have fun making all these ornaments and they were all very well received.
I got my inspiration from Pintrest.
If you would like to see what I did last year click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment